River Falls Dog Park
The City of River Falls Dog Park reopened on May 15, 2020. Dog owners are asked to follow these guidelines to protect themselves, fellow park users, and the entire River Falls area community:
- Social distancing among people of different households should be maintained
- Households should limit how many family members come to the dog park at one time
- Do not pet dogs that are not your own
- Group gatherings are not permitted
- Dog owners should always remain at least 6’ from one another
- Do not stand around the entrance of park
About the dog park:
The City of River Falls is excited to offer a place where dogs can socialize off-leash and where owners can meet new people in the community who share a common interest. The 16-acre dog park includes a parking lot for 20 vehicles, fenced areas for both large and small dogs. picnic tables, benches, dog waste stations, and a portable restroom. Water is not available at the site. Dog owners are encouraged to bring their own water.
W10225 CTH FF
River Falls, WI 54022
(Old City Landfill Site)
Daily from dawn to dusk.
City of River Falls Residents
For City of River Falls residents, the dog park pass is free with your dog’s annual license. The pass will be provided with your dog’s license tag.
People who live outside of the River Falls City Limits can purchase a yearly dog park pass for $25.00. Dog park passes can be purchased at City Hall, 222 Lewis Street, River Falls, during normal business hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. A completed dog park pass application and proof of license/rabies vaccination is required for the purchase of a dog park pass. Non-Resident Dog Park Pass Application.
City ordinance requires that a dog license must be purchased for each dog over the age of five months. Dogs using the River Falls Dog Park must be licensed. For more information on how to obtain a dog license, visit the City’s Dog License page.
Dog Park Rules
- Dogs must be leashed before entering and exiting the park.
- Owners must be in control of dog(s) at all times and are liable for damage and/or injury inflicted by their dog(s).
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs using plastic bags and provided trash receptacles.
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be leashed and removed from the park immediately.
- Alcohol and glass containers are not allowed in the park.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult and should be educated about safe behavior around dogs (no running, screaming, food, etc.).
- Park is open from dawn to dusk.
- The park is not staffed or supervised. In the event of an emergency, dial 911.