- Residential Services
- Billing Information
- Billing for City Services
Billing for City Services
River Falls Municipal Utilities is the billing agent for the following City of River Falls services:
- Garbage Charges
- The City of River Falls contracts with Advanced Disposal (formerly Veolia) for residential solid waste and recycling disposal. In accordance with City Ordinance 8.36.040, all residential units in the city are required to have their solid waste collected by the city through its contractor unless they have applied for an exemption. Exemptions are only available to residences that are part of or contiguous to a commercial property under the same ownership, and owners of duplexes, triplexes, or rooming houses. For more information visit the Garbage and Recycling web page.
- Environmental Fees
- In accordance with City Ordinance 8.16.030, the Environmental Fee allocates the cost of landfill remediations, including all mandates by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources to monitor groundwater and perform other remediation actions at former city landfill sites.
- Storm Water Charges
- The creating of the Storm Water Utility gives the City a dedicated source of revenue which will adequately support storm water management. The storm water utility fee was put in place in 1998, thereby replacing the previous property tax-based funding source with a utility fee that would allocate storm water costs to all properties, including tax-exempt properties. For more information visit the Storm Water Utility web page.
- CORE Fee
- The CORE Fee (COmpost and REcycling) supports the City’s Spring & Fall Cleanup, year-round Compost Site, and annual Electronics Recycling event. Any customer who is billed the Core Fee on their utility bill may participate in these programs. Impending Cleanup and Recycling events are noted in the Utility Bill message area, near the top of the monthly customer statement, and they are also promoted on the River Falls Municipal Utilities Facebook page.