- Committed to River Falls
- Green Team Development Training
Green Team Development Training
During Summer 2023, River Falls Municipal Utilities staff will be offering green teams training for non-profits, churches, and school groups. There will be three sessions offered: June 13, July 20, and August 15. The training sessions will be held from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. in the Training Room at City Hall, 222 Lewis Street. Participants must attendee all three sessions. The training is sponsored by University of Wisconsin-River Falls Sustainability, River Falls Municipal Utilities, Hope for Creation, and Powerful Choices.
What is a Green Team?
A green team is an organized group of individuals whose goal is to work together to make their place of work more sustainable.
These trainings will help your green team identify potential actions, set SMART goals, and take action for increased sustainability in your workplace.
Speakers, experts, and other varieties of resources will be available during trainings to increase participant knowledge and awareness, and to help identify and define goals for teams to move forward.
The goal of these training will be to:
Various topics will be discussed during trainings, including but not limited to energy efficiency, behavior change strategies, waste minimization, and much more.
Teams will be encouraged to discuss opportunities in their own workplaces, set goals, and work with experts and resources to apply new knowledge.
Teams will carry out plans and track monthly progress of their goals, culminating in a celebration of their work in December 2023.
- We encourage teams to have someone passionate, someone with perspective and/or decision-making authority for facilities, and potentially someone in a leadership position.
- To participate, at least three members of your team must be able to attend each of the listed training dates.
- Energy Efficiency
- Conservation/Environmental Justice
- Renewable Energy and Opportunities in River Falls
- Grounds (invasives, pollinator friendly plants, rain gardens, irrigation)
- Purchasing (reduction of single use items, circular economy, etc.)
- Waste Minimization (recycling, composting, specialty recycling programs)
- Water Efficiency
- Rainwater Management and more
The training is free. To register, please complete the form. Forms are due by May 15, 2023. Completed forms can be emailed to Mike Noreen or dropped off at City Hall, 222 Lewis Street.